- View all products (0)
- Your cart is currently empty.
10 Easy Ways to Give Back During the Holidays
For many people the holiday season is more about giving than getting. It’s a great time of year and there are plenty of opportunities to give, and have fun while doing it. A little time can go a long way in making a lasting difference. Here are some of our favorite creative ways to give back and make someone’s day this holiday season!
- Make care packages for the homeless. Pack watertight freezer bags with snacks, water bottles, toothpaste, warm socks, gloves, sanitizing wipes, fast food gift cards, etc. Keep them in your car to pass out to any homeless person you see, or donate them to a local shelter.
- Babysit for a single parent for free. Give them a chance to take a break or do their own holiday shopping!
- Order a pizza for your local firefighters, who have to work during the holidays.
- Donate non-perishable items to a food bank. Food banks are always in extra need of food during the holidays.
- Donate used blankets or pet food to your local animal shelter.
- Buy a coffee for the person in line behind you. Maybe they will pay it forward and start a chain that lasts all day!
- Buy books for strangers. Have a favorite book that helped you through a tough time? Give copies of your favorite inspiring texts and hide them around your city. Leave a thoughtful note inside to let whoever finds it know that it’s for them! You never know whose life you’ll change.
- Give the gift of public transit. If you live in a city with public transit, purchase bus passes or metro cards and hand them out to people who need them.
- Visit senior citizens at a nursing home. Who knows? You might make a new friend.
- Call an elderly family member just to catch up.
What are some of your favorite ways to share the holiday spirit? Let us know in the comments!