- View all products (0)
- Your cart is currently empty.
These classic silk scarves never go out of style. They are elegantly lightweight and large enough to be worn as a scarf or a wrap. Traditionally handloomed by a women’s weaving cooperative and made from 100% Khmer (Cambodian) silk and non-toxic dyes.
- Material: 100% Khmer Silk
- Measurements: L 66" x W 33"
- Handmade with love in Cambodia
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one of a kind.
The Cambodia women’s silk weaving cooperative is located in the Takeo Province, a rural, low income area. They employ over 500 weavers from 7 villages. The silk is also produced locally by 350 farmers who grow mulberry trees which rear cocoons from silk worms. The cocoons are spun into silk thread and eventually handloomed into these elegant works of art.
The goal of this social enterprise is to prevent the ancient Cambodian silk weaving tradition from vanishing, while empowering women and contributing to the economic development of more isolated areas. The complex art of silk weaving is a dying ancient tradition but the weaving cooperative trains younger generations to keep it alive. They provide employment opportunities and training for women living in the area who would otherwise be forced to flee to neighboring countries in search of jobs. There, separated from their families and lacking education, they often fall into dangerous situations such as human trafficking, sexual abuse or hard work conditions. By joining the weaving cooperative, the women become financially independent and can work from home so they can care for their children at the same time.
Customers count on us for risk-free, worry-free shopping. Peccadilly customers will be taken care of throughout the entire shopping process, even after packages have been delivered. Rest assured we will do everything possible to ensure the best customer experience.
- Returns will be accepted for atleast 30 days from the date your package was delivered. A full refund will be offered for all unused, unworn items. There is no restocking fee.
- To request a return, simply Contact Us for a return shipping label. The cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. Refunds will be issued to your original form of payment.
- The return policy for custom items may vary. Please read the product description and Contact Us if you have any questions.
FINAL SALE ITEMS:
- We cannot except returns or exchanges for final sale items. Final sale products are clearly marked.
DAMAGED OR INCORRECT ITEMS:
- Peccadilly must be contacted regarding damaged or incorrect items within 7 days of receiving your package.
- We advise our customers to inspect the package upon delivery and send in pictures of the damage.
- Upon verification, an exchange or full return including shipping costs will be offered. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Contact Us page.
- Warranty is offered by the manufacturer for many of our Home products. Please read the product description and Contact Us if you have any questions.