- View all products (0)
- Your cart is currently empty.
Carry a piece of history with this adorable little clutch. The striped design is handwoven on traditional backstrap looms by artisans in the highlands of Guatemala. Their internationally renowned weaving skills tell a story through color and patterns of a tradition passed down through generations.
- Material: 100% Cotton with natural dyes
- Measurements: L 10.5" x H 7.5" + 3" Tassels
- Details: Zippered closure + Black lining
- Handmade with love in Guatemala
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one of a kind.
A nonprofit organization located in Panajachel, a small town on Lake Atitlan in the western highlands of Guatemala, is dedicated to connecting 120 indigenous artisans from the surrounding area to international markets. Through Fair Trade programs, they empower women artisans, their families, and their communities to strengthen their entrepreneurial ecosystems. The foundation leverages traditional Maya heritage and art to rescue, preserve and promote the ancestral culture of the highland artisans with a focus on backstrap weaving. By earning a fair price for their work, the artisans are able to provide sustenance, medical care and education to their children and contribute economically in their communities.
The textiles are entirely produced on traditional backstrap looms, which have been in use since the time of the Maya empire. This highly specialized weaving technique has been passed down from grandmother to mother and mother to daughter for hundreds of generations and produces intricate, durable textiles. This technique is time consuming but also very versatile and can be used to create fabrics light or heavy, smooth or textured, with endless color combinations and ikat designs.
Customers count on us for risk-free, worry-free shopping. Peccadilly customers will be taken care of throughout the entire shopping process, even after packages have been delivered. Rest assured we will do everything possible to ensure the best customer experience.
- Returns will be accepted for atleast 30 days from the date your package was delivered. A full refund will be offered for all unused, unworn items. There is no restocking fee.
- To request a return, simply Contact Us for a return shipping label. The cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. Refunds will be issued to your original form of payment.
- The return policy for custom items may vary. Please read the product description and Contact Us if you have any questions.
FINAL SALE ITEMS:
- We cannot except returns or exchanges for final sale items. Final sale products are clearly marked.
DAMAGED OR INCORRECT ITEMS:
- Peccadilly must be contacted regarding damaged or incorrect items within 7 days of receiving your package.
- We advise our customers to inspect the package upon delivery and send in pictures of the damage.
- Upon verification, an exchange or full return including shipping costs will be offered. Contact us at email@example.com or through our Contact Us page.
- Warranty is offered by the manufacturer for many of our Home products. Please read the product description and Contact Us if you have any questions.